PLAYRIX CROATIA / ZAGREB
EXPERT 2D ARTIST
In Playrix Croatia we love what we do, and we do it well! We are a mobile game developer and a proud member of the Playrix global team, one of the top mobile gaming companies known for its quality games like Gardenscapes and Homescapes, Township, Fishdom, Wildscapes, Manor Matters etc.
If you are a high achieving individual, always striving for quality, improvement, teamwork, and meet the below-listed requirements, why wait? Apply and become part of our team!
- Creating extremely imaginative concepts of characters, environments and props that serve as references to the rest of the team, and contribute to the unique visual direction of the project;
- Supporting in reviewing, critiquing and correcting work from the art team;
- Mentoring and educating other team members in order to improve the artistic aspects in their work;
- Creating reference art content, color studies, and lighting guidelines to educate, inform, and motivate the rest of the team;
- Creating illustrative work to promote the project idea, and creating cohesion the rest of the team through an unique artistic vision of the project;
- Establishing creative direction in collaboration with the Art Director and Art management, creating quality benchmarks to showcase visual and technical quality for other team members;
- Developing graphics for mobile games: decor, characters, animals, environment, buildings, illustrations and other game-specific elements, based on project and technical specifications;
- Learning and maintaining the agreed on project styles in daily work;
- Maintaining high quality and productivity throughout the project while respecting deadlines;
- Good collaboration with other Artists and contributing to the progress of the team;
- Understanding project constraints, objectives and risks; working in accordance with them;
- Participating in the development of best practices for art creation, through programs of internal workshops and education of art team members;
- Mentoring art team members in order to achieve the desired art style and quality;
- Performing other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- At least 5 years of experience creating illustrations for games or other digital media;
- Excellent sense and understanding of anatomy, color design and theory and video game art production;
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy, color theory, perspective and design;
- The ability to create concepts in 3D space and use 3D as a tool to achieve new better looking graphics (strong 3D knowledge);
- Experience in 3D modelling is a plus, as well as some basics of 2D animation
- The ability to adapt to different styles;
- A portfolio showing illustrations;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
- Proficiency in English.
NICE TO HAVE
- Published art in at least two mobile games;
- Understanding the theory of traditional animation;
- Experience in creating storyboards
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Remote work – choose the best place to work from, your home or the office
- Flexible work schedule
- Full workspace equipment provided if you choose to work remotely
- Full compensation for sick-days
- Fully covered private health insurance: additional, supplemental, travel & accident
- Fully covered healthy eating, provided in office or delivered to your home address
- Full sport compensation (Multisport card)
- Corporate and birthday gifts for employees and their children
- Holiday, summer vacation and referral bonuses
- Unique F2P projects within global Playrix group, top-industry tools and technology, open library
- Professional education and conferences
- Team-buildings +
- Corporate social responsibility programs – charitable giving, volunteerism and environmentalism
- Comprehensive relocation package – financial and administrative assistance to ensure a smooth and stress-free move to Croatia for you and your family members
More about benefits here.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter via email at email@example.com. In addition, if you have more questions about the positions, please feel free to reach out to our HR department in the same way at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish, you can also include your portfolio in PDF format and/or send us a link to your website, Artstation or Instagram where we can see your work first hand.