PLAYRIX CROATIA / ZAGREB
LEAD VFX ANIMATOR
In Playrix Croatia we love what we do, and we do it well! We are a mobile game developer and a proud member of the Playrix global team, one of the top mobile gaming companies known for its quality games like Gardenscapes and Homescapes, Township, Fishdom, Wildscapes, Manor Matters etc.
If you are a high achieving individual, always striving for quality, improvement, teamwork, and meet the below-listed requirements, why wait? Apply and become part of our team!
- Creating VFX graphics and VFX animations for mobile games
- Animating 2D and 3D characters, objects and interface elements
- Creating necessary VFX graphics to make animations look more visually appealing
- Importing VFX animations into the game engine and controlling the quality of animation assets, in collaboration with the Technical Artist and Technical Designer
- Developing and improving animations in order to maintain our high standards of quality while working within design constraints and balancing performance issues
- Interacting with the art team, game designers and programmers to understand both Design and Engine limitations in order to deliver the best functional animations possible
- Compiling and presenting progress reports, as needed
- Reviewing, critiquing and correcting work from the VFX and Animation team;
- Working with other leads, managers and directors, whether from the art department or other departments, to ensure clear communication and collaboration between teams, when necessary;
- Creating, prioritizing, assigning and regularly following up on tasks and the progress of the team’s work in regards to deliverables, primarily in collaboration with the Art team lead;
- Organizing and leading team meetings in cooperation with the Art team lead, Art manager and Art Director;
- Knowing the game’s story and gameplay (game design documents) and understanding the technical/artistic constraints so as to be able to lead/coach the team;
- Being a technical/artistic mentor for team members (where necessary);
- Taking part in performance assessments in collaboration with the Art Team Lead, Art manager and Art Director;
- Helping recruit new team members and ensuring that new employees integrate in the team;
- Conducting regular one-on-ones with each team member in order to ensure art quality.
- At least 3 years of experience in game development related animation and at least 1 year as a lead or another managing role in game development;
- Project management skills and the ability to direct a team, to provide a critical and constructive analysis of work;
- Knowledge of the principles of animation, the ability to apply them;
- Excellent skills in character and asset animation, the ability to draw Visual effects (VFX);
- A confident understanding of the theory of classical animation, as well as an excellent artistic taste;
- Digital art background: familiar with drawing, painting, editing VFX assets;
- Having a VFX and animation portfolio;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D animation software – preferably Autodesk Maya or 3DS Max, Blender
- Knowledge of 2D Animation software – preferably After Effects or Adobe Animate, Spine
- Advanced Adobe Photoshop skills;
- Solid knowledge of project
NICE TO HAVE
- A published project in game development;
- Proficiency in one or more interactive content engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, in-house).
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Remote work – choose the best place to work from, your home or the office
- Flexible work schedule
- Full workspace equipment provided if you choose to work remotely
- Full compensation for sick-days
- Fully covered private health insurance: additional, supplemental, travel & accident
- Fully covered healthy eating, provided in office or delivered to your home address
- Full sport compensation (Multisport card)
- Corporate and birthday gifts for employees and their children
- Holiday, summer vacation and referral bonuses
- Unique F2P projects within global Playrix group, top-industry tools and technology, open library
- Professional education and conferences
- Team-buildings +
- Corporate social responsibility programs – charitable giving, volunteerism and environmentalism
- Comprehensive relocation package – financial and administrative assistance to ensure a smooth and stress-free move to Croatia for you and your family members
More about benefits here.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter via email at email@example.com. In addition, if you have more questions about the positions, please feel free to reach out to our HR department in the same way at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish, you can also include your portfolio in PDF format and/or send us a link to your website, Artstation or Instagram where we can see your work first hand.